Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Day With the New Kid

I recently started doing diagnotic testing on a student for one of my classes. It was extremely stressful! I was constantly worried about if I was not scoring it correctly, or what if I counted that word wrong when he might have got it right... Ahh! I walked out of that testing session very frazzled and worried about what I may have done wrong. This was my first time to do any kind of diagnostic testing on any child so I hope that it will get less stressful as I do it in my own classroom one day. I enjoyed doing the testing because I finally got to see how teachers know what to do with the students. I found out they actually have a plan and a reason to teach what they teach, not just for the sake of teaching the material. I think it's very cool.

No comments: