Thursday, September 11, 2008
Who Am I?
Hi everyone! I am currently a student at a private university in Texas. I am studying to be an Elementary Teacher at the moment, but I will start working on my Master's in School Counseling as soon as I graduate. I am very excited!! It has taken me quite a while to get this far in my education because I started out at a local community college not knowing what I wanted to do in life. One day, as I was looking for a side part-time job, I came across the only job available that I was somewhat willing to take, a job at a "daycare." I haven't had good experience up to this time working with kids from 2 yrs- 6 yrs of age... I found them a bit annoying. However, I took the job because I desperately needed one, and I ended up LOVING it!! Kids are amazing, and I've learned so much about myself and them from working with them for the past 4 years as I've made my way through college. I see how eager they are to learn, and I want to be one of the privileged individuals who will experience the wonder of a child learning new things. An added result is that I will get the joy of knowing that I helped an individual learn about the world they live in and about themselves. What better thing is there than that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment