Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Worst Fear About Being a New Teacher!!
I'm very excited about becoming a teacher, but I have some hidden fears. One of them is that I won't know how to teach the students the best way, and what if I don't teach the material in the right way. Also, I'm very worried about how I will effectively manage my students' in class behavior. I am a very structured person to begin with, and so I plan on having my room be very structured; however, when it comes to disciplining my students, I seem to let it slide too often. I'm still working on finding a healthy balance between how much structure do kids actually need. I'm very aware that the students do need routines and structure, but I always feel like its too much for them, and I'm not allowing them much freedom. I don't feel like I learned what I needed to learn in my management class, and so I'm a little worried how I will handle this situation in my own classroom. Does anyone have any similar fears, or have any suggestions to help ease my stress about this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment