Thursday, November 13, 2008
The Best Teacher I've Ever Had
In my years of schooling, I've actually had two great teachers. My kindergarten teacher was the best teacher I had in my younger years. I can remember walking into her room on the day before school started (my mom thought it would be a good idea for me to come see my room early so I wouldn't "freak out" the day of school) and saying "Wow! This is awesome!" There were so many things hanging up in her room, she had so many centers to play in, and she even had my birth date already posted up on her birthday organizer. I felt special. The second teacher I had that I consider the best was my senior English teacher. She was a very challenging teacher, but I learned so much more from her than just school work. She taught me life lessons within her teaching lessons. One of the things I will take away from my kindergarten teacher and apply to my own classroom is that I will individualize my students, and make them know that they aren't just a number in my classroom, instead they are an individual. What I will take away from my senior teacher is that to not be afraid to challenge my students, and teaching is so much more than just teaching them what they need to know to get through school. Instead, you teach them what they need to know to get through life and challenge what they currently believe. It will make them stronger as a person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment